Princess Cruises Regal Princess is poised to become the second ship in its fleet to be fully-activated for using the Princess Ocean Medallion. All Regal Princess’ guests will have full access from February 17, 2019, during the ship’s Caribbean cruising.
The Ocean Medallion, a new piece of technology the size of a 10p piece is equipped to provide passengers with smoother embarkation and disembarkation, stateroom access and individual food and drink preferences.
The 3,140-guest Caribbean Princess was the first ship to have full Medallion access. It is based in the Caribbean all year round.
Tony Roberts, vice president Princess Cruises UK and Europe, said: “We’ve received excellent feedback from guests and crew members who have experienced the Medallion on Caribbean Princess as we continue on our path to fleet-wide activation.
“The more personalised service we are now able to provide is benefiting guests from the moment they step foot onboard. The Medallion enhances so much of what we offer, from speedy embarkation to staying in touch with friends and family, to finding your way across the ship, to ordering drinks.”
The full feature list of the Medallion is;
· A streamlined ship embarkation and disembarkation process, giving quicker and easier entry and exit
· Keyless stateroom access
· Enhanced interaction with crew members and other guests, e.g. staff can see guest’s individual food and beverage preferences and accordingly offer a more personalised service
· OceanCompass, which provides interactive directions throughout the ship and allows guests to easily locate friends, family and children
· Access for guests to a real-time look at their itinerary via portals throughout the ship, along with events and activities taking place during their cruise
· Interactive games that can be played on portals across the vessel including trivia challenges and a ship-wide digital scavenger hunt
· A selection of casino games including poker, bingo and roulette available via guests’ smart devices and select portals
The Medallion was first unveiled by Carnival Corporation CEO Arnold Donald in 2017. It will continue to roll out as part of a phased fleet-wide activation plan with further announcements to be made in due course.
An eleven-day Scandinavia & Russia roundtrip cruise on Regal Princess sets sail from Copenhagen on May 10, 2019. Currently includes free flights and transfers. Ports of call comprise St Petersburg, Berlin (Warnemunde), Stockholm (Nynashamn), Oslo, Helsinki and Tallinn. Prices from £1,499 per person.*